Welcome

Thank you all for reading my rambles. All comments are read and appreciated. There have been some great comments recently so many, many thanks. I'm sorry if I haven't managed to comment on your blog I do read them as often as I can.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

York

Yesterday we went for a day trip to York. It was an early start and a late homecoming. So a long day and I was quite tired by the end. 

I got quite a lot of pictures of trains although not quite the ones you would think. Here are just a few.






At least one of these photos is for a project I am working on.

The Railway Museum took up much of the morning then we went for a walk round part of the walls. I took a few photographs while walking but I bet you can't tell me what they they were of! 

OK I'll put you out of your misery, one was of a squirrel.  There were lots running around but taking a photograph was very difficult. This was the only one I caught. Really funny to watch.


However the others I am not going to show you now. Have a go at guessing first and I might just share them with you.

The afternoon saw me take a trip over to The Quilt Museum. Some beautiful inspiration there but I couldn't take any photos - not allowed. Some of those old log-cabin quilts are brilliant. Also some beautiful contemporary quilts as well.

One last thing to share is that DH bought me an early birthday present - a purple Kipling bag - I just love Kipling bags (blame my DD for this obsession.) I can't show you it yet as it has gone away until next week. 

No comments: